Raspberry Apple Crisp with Brandy Sauce and Gingersnap Topping
12 ounces frozen red raspberries (unthawed)
4 cups apples cored, peeled and chopped
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons brandy (may substitute apple juice)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup gingersnaps finely crushed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Make the Raspberry-Apple Mixture: In a large mixing bowl combine frozen raspberries, apple slices, 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and brandy (or apple juice if using). Stir until well-blended. Spread raspberry-apple mixture into a 9 x 9 inch pan.
3. Make the topping: In a medium bowl combine butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and crushed gingersnaps. Using a pastry blender or a fork blend mixture until crumbly. Press gingersnap topping over top of raspberry-apples so that the topping fully covers.
4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm in individual bowls. May be garnished with whipped cream.
- Note: This recipe was provided by a third party and we do not have nutrition information for it.
Write a Review