Ingredients for Oats:
25 cups Oats, Rolled, Quick
2 Gallons Water, Municipal
1 Gallon Milk, 1%, unflavored
1 cup Orange Juice
2 cups Mandarin Orange Juice (saved from canned Mandarins)
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt, kosher
2 cups Washington Red Raspberry Pasteurized Seedless Puree (can add more for deeper pink color)
Ingredients for Toppings:
12 ½ cups Washington Red Raspberry IQF Whole and Broken Crumbles
12 ½ cups Mandarin Oranges, canned, drained, save juice
6 ¼ cups Vanilla Yogurt
6 ¼ cups Granola
- Add water and milk to kettle or tilt skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add oats, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add both orange juices to the oats, in the last 5 minutes of the cooking process. Cook the oats to a minimum 145 degrees.
- Hot hold at 135 degrees until time of service.
- Before service, stir in raspberry puree. More can be added for deeper pink color.
To assemble bowl:
Add 1 cup (#4 scoop) of oats to bowl
Top with ¼ cup (2 oz spoodle) Washington Red Raspberry IQF Whole and Broken Crumbles
Top with ¼ cup (2 oz spoodle) Mandarin Oranges
Top with 1/8 cup (#30 scoop) Yogurt
Top with 1/8 cup (1 oz spoodle) Granola
*if you have any oats leftover, cool properly and save for parfaits (recipe here)
Meal Pattern Crediting: 2.5 oz eq Whole Grain, ½ cup fruit, .25 oz Meat/Meat Alternate