Baked Raspberry Walnut Oatmeal
Transform an ordinary bowl oatmeal into a delicious oatmeal casserole! Bake it on Sunday night and eat well all week. Or, prepare for an easy dish to serve your family or friends at brunch!
- 2 ½ cups whole rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups reduced fat milk or milk substitute
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter the inside of a two 9 x13 inch baking pans.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the milk mixture to oat mixture; stir well.
- Fold in the frozen raspberries.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden and the oats have set.
Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt if desired.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 240mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g