Festive Kale Slaw with Raspberries
Make a splash on the holiday table this year with this festive Kale Slaw with Raspberries and almonds. It is vegan-friendly, naturally gluten-free and bursting with plant-based nutrients. It’s made with kale, cabbage and carrots with a sweet tart dressing made with frozen red raspberries.
- 1 ½ cups frozen red raspberries thawed and divided
- 1/2 small clove garlic grated with a rasp-style grater, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup for vegan option
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 12 cups finely shredded stemmed kale preferably lacinato or dinosaur
- 4 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrots
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- Place ½ cup frozen thawed red raspberries in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Mash with a fork until the berries are paste-like, or makes Razz Crush. Add garlic, vinegar, mustard and whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in oil and salt. (Can be prepared two days ahead, store in a jar in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature to loosen consistency before continuing.)
- Add kale, cabbage and carrots and toss thoroughly to combine. Top with the remaining 1 cup thawed red raspberries and almonds.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g