Raspberry and Caramelized Onion Chutney
Showcase the savory side of raspberries in an elegant no-fuss appetizer. Our recipe for Raspberry Caramelized Onion Chutney can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until the party starts.
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 small apple peeled and chopped
- small spring fresh rosemary stripped and finely chopped
- splash of water about 1-2 tablespoons
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat, and add the olive oil and onions. Cook for ~ 20 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until they are deep golden brown.
- Add the raspberries, honey, vinegar, apple, rosemary, & splash of water and cook for another 15 or so minutes on medium heat until the raspberries soften.
- Cool completely.
- Serve on slices of toasted baguette topped with Brie or ricotta cheese and sprinkled with extra rosemary, if desired.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g