Raspberry Chia Chocolate Almond Cups
½ of a 10-ounce bag of frozen red raspberries
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 3-ounce bar of 70% dark chocolate
¼ cup unsweetened almond butter
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour half of a bag of frozen red raspberries into a bowl and let sit on the countertop at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Gently mash the raspberries, stir in the chia seeds to combine thoroughly, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate using double boiler. Spoon chocolate evenly into 10 paper lined mini muffin cups, filling each about a third of the way full. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Warm coconut oil until meted and mix with the almond butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Spoon half of the almond butter mixture onto the chocolate layer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the raspberry mixture evenly onto each cup. Drizzle the top of each cup with the remaining almond butter mixture. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Store in freezer, and set out at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.