Don’t be intimidated. Clafoutis, pronounced KLAH-FOO-TEE, is a French dessert (hence the fancy name) of fruit and a batter than is part flan and part crepe. It is incredibly simple, easy, and very adaptable. Feel free to switch up the type of milk. Try canned coconut milk or unsweetened soy. Go gluten-free by using almond flour. Incorporate whole grains with whole wheat pastry flour. You can even get a little fancy with some almond extract, lemon or lime zest or chantilly cream. This recipe is a true crowd pleaser and no one has to know it was easy as pie!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan. Place frozen raspberries in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar using a hand whisk or handheld mixer until mixture turns a pale yellow and incorporates air. Whisk in the remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Pour mixture over the berries and bake for 40-45min, rotating once halfway through. Allow to cool before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.