Raspberry Coconut Panna Cotta
The traditional Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert of cream, thickened with gelatin. This wonderful variation relies on yogurt instead of cream, and adds the sweet-tartness of raspberries and the tropical flavor of coconut. You can make this easy, but impressive, dessert in advance for a holiday or any special event.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 can 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 cups non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut optional
- Spray a 4-cup mold or soufflé dish with pan coating or coat with
- In small bowl, stir together sugar and gelatin.
- In small saucepan butter.
- Over medium high heat, heat 1 cup of the coconut milk until just simmering.
- Stir hot coconut milk into gelatin mixture until gelatin dissolves.
- In blender or food processor, blend remaining coconut milk, raspberries and yogurt until smooth.
- Add gelatin mixture and blend. Turn into prepared mold or dish.
- Cover top with plastic wrap. Chill several hours or overnight.
- If using mold, to unmold fill a large bowl with hot water.
- Quickly dip mold into hot water, just up to rim. Run tip of sharp knife around edge of mold to loosen.
- Place serving plate on top of mold and invert to unmold.
- Garnish with additional coconut and raspberries, if you wish.
You may omit the coconut and replace the coconut milk with whole or 2% milk.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g