This refreshing soup is perfect for summertime entertaining. Make it ahead for an easy appetizer or light meal.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries plus more for garnish
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup white onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup peeled and seeded cucumber plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar can sub lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 slices bread toasted and cubed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Put the frozen raspberries, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cucumber, vinegar, olive oil, half of the bread cubes, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth, adding up to ⅓ cup water if necessary. (Work in batches if not all the ingredients fit in your blender at once.)
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Refrigerate for up to a few hours before serving for best flavor.
- To serve, toss together the remaining bread crumbs, raspberries, chopped bell pepper and cucumber together with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the gazpacho among 4 bowls and garnish with the bread mixture.