Raspberry Really Bars
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (113g)
½ cup sugar (100g)
¾ teaspoon Kosher salt (3g)
1 large egg (50g)
1 tablespoon milk (15g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (6g)
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour (233g)
¼ teaspoon baking powder (1g)
2 cups frozen Washington red raspberries (250g)
½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (90g)
- Place butter, sugar and salt in bowl of stand mixer. Beat with a paddle attachment until pale yellow in color. Alternatively, a handheld electric mixer can be used.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping down sides occasionally. Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 1″ thick rectangle, wrap in plastic and freeze.
- Preheat oven to 375° Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ¾ of dough (375g) evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Scatter raspberries and remaining dough on top. Firmly press flatten.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH in 30 second intervals, mixing between intervals, until melted.
- Remove cooled bar from pan and place on cutting board. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Once chocolate has set, cut into 1 ½ inch squares.
Write a Review