Try this tart-sweet, intensely berry sauce over ribs, pork chops or loin, chicken or even fish. It’s really surprising what great partners raspberries and savory foods can be. Dry mustard adds just a touch of heat – use just a little or a lot, depending on how much fire you like. For barbecuing, spread on the sauce just for the last few minutes of cooking, so it doesn’t burn. Or you could stir some berries into your favorite bottled barbecue sauce.
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen red raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry or other vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot or onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Brush on food only for last 15 minutes of grilling.
This recipe was provided by a third party and we do not have complete nutrition information for it.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g