Raspberry Ginger Chutney
1 tablespoon oil, olive
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon mustard, seeds
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
2 cups raspberries, frozen
¼ cup vinegar, cider
2 teaspoons honey
1 each orange, zest and juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat a medium saucepan on high heat.
2. Add the oil to the hot pan, reduce to medium heat.
3. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, stirring often, until soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in mustard seeds, coriander, and pepper flakes; cook until the mustard seeds start to pop.
5. Stir in the frozen raspberries, vinegar, honey, orange juice and zest; season with salt.
6. Simmer, stirring often, until mixture has reduced and thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve immediately or place in a container, allow to cool and cover and store in the refrigerator.
8. Chutney can be served chilled or hot.