Raspberry Ginger Chutney
This is good served as a dip or condiment for grilled and roasted vegetables and meat or spread on a sandwich. It is also nice with creamy dairy (think cottage cheese, yogurt, crème fraiche or soft cheese).
- 1 tablespoon oil olive
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups raspberries frozen
- ¼ cup vinegar cider
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 each orange zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a medium saucepan on high heat.
- Add the oil to the hot pan, reduce to medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, stirring often, until soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in mustard seeds, coriander, and pepper flakes; cook until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Stir in the frozen raspberries, vinegar, honey, orange juice and zest; season with salt.
- Simmer, stirring often, until mixture has reduced and thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or place in a container, allow to cool and cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Chutney can be served chilled or hot.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 150mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g