2 firm medium pears, peeled, halved and cored (12 ounces total)
3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/3 cups frozen unsweetened red raspberries
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, coarsely crumbled
- Bring 1/2 cup of the water to a boil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat, add the pears, cut side down, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7-8 minutes or until just tender crisp.
- Remove skillet from the heat.
- Using a large slotted spatula, remove the pears and place in a 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine the cornstarch with the remaining 1/4 cup water in a small bowl.
- Stir until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the pan drippings in the skillet with the raspberries, stir to blend.
- Bring to a boil, over medium high heat, continue boiling 1 minute. Do not stir.
- Remove from heat, gently stir in the almond extract and pour over the pears.
- Let stand 1 hour, turning pears occasionally.
- To serve place pears on dessert plates, spoon sauce over all, sprinkle the sugar and almonds evenly over all.
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Protein: 2g
- Note: This recipe was provided by a third party and we do not have complete nutrition information for it.