Spiced Raspberries with Cottage Cheese and Walnuts
Packed with protein and fiber, this recipe for Spiced Raspberries with Cottage Cheese and Walnuts makes a wholesome breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ walnuts chopped
- Place raspberries in a small bowl and allow them to defrost for 15 minutes. Add orange zest, cardamom, and cinnamon, and mix to combine.
- Divide cottage cheese evenly among 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons of the fruit mixture and 1 tablespoon walnuts
Katie Cavuto MS, RD, Chef is a Philadelphia-based registered dietitian and wellness advocate. Katie is the dietitian for the Philadelphia Phillies and Flyers and the Nutrition Advisor for Unite For Her, an organization that supports newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. She appears in regular nutrition and cooking segments on local and national TV. Her writing and recipes have been showcased nationally in Eating Well Magazine, Everyday with Rachel Ray Magazine, O, the Oprah Magazine, Parents Magazine and more. For more of Katie’s recipes and wellness tips visit her blog. Her first book, Whole Cooking and Nutrition is available now!