Almond Butter Griddlecakes with Smashed Maple Raspberries
These Almond Butter Griddlecakes with Smashed Maple Raspberries are an elevated version of a PB&J…in pancake form. This recipe is what sweet & savory breakfast dreams of made of!
- 1 cup frozen Washington red raspberries divided
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons almond butter
- Heat small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup raspberries and maple syrup. Cook gently until warm, then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, almond meat, oats and baking powder in large bowl. Set aside.
- Mash banana in separate bowl. Beat in eggs, milk and almond butter.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4-cup batter on to hot griddle and gently spread. Drop 4-5 frozen raspberries on top of batter. Cook until golden and then flip. Remove from pan once cooked through and golden on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with warm raspberry syrup.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 50mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g