Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
Butter for the tins
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 cups frozen raspberries
¾ stick cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
¼ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
½ cup plain yogurt, 2% or whole
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cup into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Rub the inside of a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, sea salt and baking soda.
- Make 2 cups of the frozen raspberries into Razz Crush.
- Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add the eggs and mix until creamy. Add the yogurt and Razz Crush and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate pieces and the remaining 1 cup of frozen raspberries. Stir those into the mixture until evenly combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, evenly distributing it between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the muffin tops spring back lightly when pressed.
- Take the tins out of the oven. Remove the muffins and let them cool slightly on a wire rack.
Write a Review