Conversation Heart Cookies with Raspberry Glaze
batch of favorite chocolate chip cookie dough
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
black icing pen, small wooden skewers
- Place frozen raspberries in a fine mesh colander with a bowl underneath and allow the raspberries to thaw while you prep your cookies.
- Make cookie dough and press it into a 11″x14″ rectangular dish. Your dough should be in a layer about an inch thick. Bake for 2530 minutes. If edges start to get too brown, fold foil strips and place over the edges. Allow to cool.
- Use a 1″ heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out your cookies.
- By now your frozen raspberries should be thawed. Use a fork to strain the red juice from the raspberries. Make your glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and 34 tbsp raspberry juice. If needed, thin glaze with milk (1 tablespoon at a time) until the glaze reaches a consistency that cookie hearts could be dunked in.
- Dunk cookie hearts and place on a cooling rack to allow glaze to harden. Use black icing pen to add conversation heart sayings. To make into cookie pops, just add a wooden skewer to each.