Conversation Heart Cookies with Raspberry Glaze
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
Batch of favorite chocolate chip cookie dough
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
black icing pen, small wooden skewers
- Place frozen raspberries in a fine mesh colander with a bowl underneath and allow the raspberries to thaw while you prep your cookies.
- Press prepared cookie dough into an 11×14-inch rectangular baking dish, evenly distributing the dough so that it’s about 1 inch thick.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. If edges start to get too brown, fold foil strips and place over the edges. Allow to cool.
- Use a 1″ heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out your cookies.
- By now your frozen raspberries should be thawed. Use a fork to strain the red juice from the raspberries. Make your glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and 3-4 tbsp. raspberry juice. If needed, thin glaze with milk (1 tablespoon at a time) until the glaze reaches a consistency that cookie hearts could be dunked in.
- Dunk cookie hearts and place on a cooling rack to allow glaze to harden. Use black icing pen to add conversation heart sayings. To make into cookie pops, just add a wooden skewer to each.