Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest about 2 lemons, zested
- 2 sticks 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups frozen Washington red raspberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 325° Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Brush Bundt pan with canola oil and sprinkle with ¼ cup flour. Cover evenly with flour and shake out any excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add lemon zest and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place butter and sugar. With a paddle attachment, cream 3- 5 minutes or until mixture is lighter in texture and pale in color. Scrape bowl’s edge to ensure it’s well creamed.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, waiting until each egg is fully incorporated. Scrape bowl frequently to ensure mixture is well combined. Add in lemon juice and incorporate.
- Alternate flour mixture and yogurt, adding in 3 additions. Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in raspberries, ensuring all is combined.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Level batter in pan and bake 45 minutes. Top of cake with be golden brown and when pierced with a toothpick it comes out clean.
- Let cool 1 hour. Release cake from pan using a paring knife around edge, following curve of pan. Invert cake onto a plate and remove pan.
- In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, raspberry jam and water. With a fork combine well and drizzle over coffee cake.
- For decoration, add additional raspberries and/or sugared edible flowers or herbs.