Smoothie bowls for breakfast or snack time are trending on Instagram and Pinterest, and they’re an easy and delicious way to amp up the nutrition in your diet. Smoothie bowls are thicker than traditional smoothies, so you can pour your mixture into a bowl, top with fruit, nuts, granola or anything else that whets your appetite, and then devour with a spoon.
Frozen raspberries provide natural sweetness to this smoothie bowl, and since they’re available year round, we turn to them often when making nourishing bowls like this one. With a 9 grams of fiber, more than 100% of your daily requirement for vitamin C and just 210 calories, this smoothie bowl is the perfect way to start your day.
Frozen Raspberry & Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Washington red raspberries plus additional for topping
- 1 large mango diced (about 1 1/4 cups), plus additional for topping
- 3/4 cup 2% vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup 100% cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds plus additional for topping
- Add raspberries, mango, yogurt, juice and chia seeds to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into individual bowls and garnish with your choice of toppings.