Hibiscus, Citrus and Berry Cooler
- 4 herbal hibiscus tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime
- 3 cups cold water
- 8 orange slices for garnish
- In a teapot or saucepan, steep the tea bags in the simmering water for 5 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, combine the berries, orange juice, lime juice, and cold water in a blender. Process on high speed until mixture is as smooth as possible. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 2-quart serving pitcher. Add the tea to pitcher and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled. Serve over ice with orange slices.
Katie Cavuto MS, RD, Chef is a Philadelphia-based registered dietitian and wellness advocate. Katie is the dietitian for the Philadelphia Phillies and Flyers and the Nutrition Advisor for Unite For Her, an organization that supports newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. She appears in regular nutrition and cooking segments on local and national TV. Her writing and recipes have been showcased nationally in Eating Well Magazine, Everyday with Rachel Ray Magazine, O, the Oprah Magazine, Parents Magazine and more. For more of Katie’s recipes and wellness tips visit her blog. Her first book, Whole Cooking and Nutrition is available now!