Raspberry Apple Crisp with Brandy Sauce and Gingersnap Topping
This dessert combines raspberries with apples in a full-bodied brandy sauce and is covered with a crispy gingersnap topping. It’s so good you may never need to make another pie or crumble again!
- 12 ounces frozen red raspberries unthawed
- 4 cups apples cored peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brandy may substitute apple juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup gingersnaps finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the Raspberry-Apple Mixture: In a large mixing bowl combine frozen raspberries, apple slices, 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and brandy (or apple juice if using). Stir until well-blended. Spread raspberry-apple mixture into a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Make the topping: In a medium bowl combine butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and crushed gingersnaps. Using a pastry blender or a fork blend mixture until crumbly. Press gingersnap topping over top of raspberry-apples so that the topping fully covers.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm in individual bowls. May be garnished with whipped cream.