Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes
Light & fluffy and infused with frozen raspberries – with extra ricotta cheese and frozen raspberries piled in-between – these Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes are no ordinary breakfast or brunch.
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg separated
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries chopped
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup frozen raspberries thawed
- Butter for pan/griddle
- For the filling, whisk ½ cup ricotta cheese and honey together and set aside.
- For the pancakes, whisk the dry ingredients together – the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt – in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, egg yolk, and milk. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the egg white to soft peaks. Fold into batter.
- In a hot pan or over a hot griddle, melt a small amount of butter and drop 2 tablespoon of batter at a time. Sprinkle a small amount of the chopped frozen raspberries on top of the pancake batter before flipping.
- Cook the batter several minutes over medium/low heat until small bubbles form, flip, and continue to cook several more minutes.
- Top the warm pancakes with honey ricotta and thawed frozen raspberries.