Washington Red Raspberry Mojo
- 5 lbs IQF Whole and Broken or Whole Real Red Raspberries
- 2 cups Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 3 cups Olive Oil
- 1 oz Salt or adjust to taste
- 2 cups Mint Leaves fresh picked, leaves only
- 2 ounces granulated white sugar optional
- In large mixing bowl combine Washington Red Raspberries, salt and sugar, if using; toss to coat. Allow the mixture to sit until the Washington Red Raspberries are partially thawed and juices are beginning to accumulate. This will take 30 minutes. Alternately, the mixture may be combined and left covered overnight in refrigeration.
- Add lime juice and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously until the mixture is well blended.
- Stir in mint leaves.
- Taste to adjust seasoning
- Store, tightly covered, labelled and dated in refrigeration.
Mojo may be made in a blender combining thawed IQF Real Red Raspberries, lime juice, salt, mint, and sugar, if using. Slowly drizzle in olive oil with machine running until well blended. Alternatively, this may be made in mixer with whisk attachment to allow a chunkier texture. Scotch Bonnet or Habanero, even Serrano Chili may be used to add Caribbean Heat
Serving: 2Tbsp | Calories: 60kcal | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 28.25IU | Vitamin C: 4.38mg | Calcium: 5.9mg | Iron: 0.2mg